Grants can be used for:
- • Equipment such as computers, software, cameras, books, cabinets
- • Training
- • Students to attend journalism seminars, workshops, conferences and other educational opportunities and related travel expenses
- • Public records fees
Applications may only be submitted by the school's journalism teacher or class adviser. To apply, send a one-page letter on school letterhead with the following information:
- 1. Brief overview of the school's journalism program (number of students, curriculum)
- 2. The grant amount requested.
- 3. The purpose of the grant. Be as specific as possible and explain how students or the journalism program will specifically benefit
- 4. Whether the grant can be used to attract matching funds
To apply, send the above information to email@example.com or to the San Francisco Peninsula Press Club, 32 Robin Way, San Carlos, 94070.