Present; Jon Mays, Micki Carter, Marshall Wilson, Melissa McRobbie, Dave Price. Absent: Jamie Casini, Jack Russell, Peter Cleaveland and Ed Remitz
Minutes of August were approved as read.
Treasurer’s Report was accepted.
- Jon will talk to Barry Parr of coastsider.org to see if he might be interested.
- Marshall reported that enthusiasm for a town hall meeting on high-speed rail had gained some momentum with Mike Garvey, of the High Speed Rail public outreach campaign. Rose Jacobs Gibson and Adrienne Tissier interested. More information to come.
- Last minute details were worked out with Darryl doing signs. Micki reported that Sept. 11 was probably too early in the year for most programs but it worked well for the San Mateo Union High School District because it fell on a half-day.
- Marshall will put together a working lunch from noon to 2 p.m. at the County Center on how to read a (school, city, county) budget and where the agencies get their money. The date will be Oct. 28 with the San Mateo County budget director. The next one will focus on accessing public records in the spring.
- Sept. 13 from 2-4 p.m. at the home of Micki Carter and Mike Venturino. It was suggested that the high school advisors be invited. (Kristi Blackburn, the Gunn High School advisor, did attend and indicated that she was interested in serving on the board.)
Micki Carter, Secretary