Minutes from the February 2004 Peninsula Press Club Board meeting held at the offices of the San Mateo Daily News.
Attendees: Micki Carter, Darryl Compton, Dave Price, Bill Workman, Aimee Lewis, Jon Mays, Ed Remitz, Justin Nyberg, John Kane, Jack Russell. No directors were absent.
Meeting was called to order by President Carter (Micki, that is) at approximately 6:15 p.m.
1. The Press Club Board heard a presentation by Gerd Meissner, from the San Mateo County Association of Realtors, about its participation in judging SAMCAR's annual awards. The board discussed the idea and will provide SAMCAR a list of options at a later time.
2. The minutes of the January meeting were approved.
3. The board heard the treasurer's report which shows $19,219 in equity. The report was unanimously accepted.
4. Awards competition. Compton said Cleveland Press Club has agreed to judge this year.
5. Awards dinner. Lewis said the schedule is set for May. 27. Drinks at 6 p.m., program at 7 p.m.
6. General announcements about bench-bar-media and special writer appearances.
7. Meeting was adjourned at 7:15 p.m.