Sunday, July 4, 2010

Chron art critic ignores comments from readers

"I don't read comments at all [on my stories]. That's the lowest common denominator response," says Kenneth Baker, an art critic for the Chronicle for 15 years, according to PBS Media Shift. "It's pointless; they don't call for a response. It's mostly ad hominem when I have looked at them, or they respond to each other and not to anything I've said." Baker made his comments as a panelist discussing arts criticism in the digital age.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, change that to "Chron art critic says he ignores comments from readers" and that might be more better.

He responds to reader comments in print, so I'm not sure what he's talking about, really.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&as_qdr=all&q=kenneth+baker+chronicle&btnG=Search&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

Anonymous said...

Fair enough. Most people ignore him - and the paper he rode in on.

Anonymous said...

The Chron has an art critic?

Anonymous said...

Those silly readers. What would they know!

Anonymous said...

hmmm
"...might be more better..."
leaves me in doubt a little.