Panelists for the public workshop include:
- Tim Westergren, founder, Pandora Music;
- Eddy W. Hartenstein, publisher and CEO, Los Angeles Times;
- Jim Joyce, president, National Association of Broadcast Employees and Technicians;
- and vice president, Communications Workers of America and
- Alan Mutter, media analyst.
The FCC said in a press release that it is evaluating its media ownership rules in the context of ongoing growth and innovation in online news access. The ownership rules govern the number of outlets that can be owned by a single company in a single media market. The rules are intended to encourage a diversity of voices and opinions and to minimize media consolidation.