Monday, January 11, 2010

Former KCBS Anchor Mike Pulsipher Dies

KCBS-AM reports that longtime anchor Mike Pulsipher was found dead in his home in San Francisco on Friday. He was 61.

He was discovered at the bottom of a staircase, and it's not clear if he died in the fall or may have suffered a heart attack, KCBS said.

Before he retired because of health problems two and a half years ago, Pulsipher had enjoyed a 40-year career in radio news. He worked at KFBK in Sacramento before joining CBS as an anchor and reporter at KNX Radio in Los Angeles.

Pulsipher worked at KCBS twice, starting as the afternoon news anchor in the 80s, with a tour of duty in New York as an anchor for the CBS Radio network news in between.

KCBS, in its announcement about his death, noted that Pulsipher "loved radio news, truly enjoyed sharing information with listeners, and was extremely proud of his career with CBS and KCBS."

He leaves two grown children, Melissa and Jeff, and an older brother, Vince.


Anonymous said...

MIke was a complete pro who could handle every situation. Nice guy.

Anonymous said...

I've been listening to him since he was in Sacramento, and I remember his switch to the hourly network news. His voice will always be associated in my mind with KCBS. RIP!

Melissa said...

My Dad was a great man. A wonderful father who also enjoyed his 2 grandchildren ages 3 and 6. I have always been so proud of him and thought he had the best radio voice around. This is still such a shock. I love you Dad.

goose said...

Michael I am still so sorry we never reconnected when I finally moved back to Sacramento in 2008. It was so much fun working with you at KXOA from '68 thru '71 when those awful people came in and fired us all except for Heather Parissi and the DJ on the air at the time. I was talked into moving back to Ohio and was stuck there with kids for over 30 years but swore I would come back and I did. I tried to get in touch with you before I moved and after I got there but by the time I got any information about you found out you had died! I was and am still so upset we could not get together after all those years. I will never forget you. .....GOOSE