"We are still evaluating our options," Luthringer said in an e-mail. "Timing of the decision is uncertain."
When asked what decision he was referring to, he responded, "These options exist: 1) Seek buyer. If no buyer, then 2) Go digital, or 3) Close. No decision has been made."
Meanwhile, the P-I reports:
- Staff members learned Tuesday afternoon that boxes and bins are scheduled to be delivered to the newsroom later this week -- some for materials to be taken home, others for notes that require shredding.
Employees were told to file promptly to be reimbursed for their expenses. And they were told they can retain their cell phone numbers if they wish.