- "Earlier in the newscast we gave some names of pilots involved in the Asiana Airlines crash. These names were not accurate despite an NTSB official in Washington confirming them late this morning. We apologize for the error."
Some obvious questions:
• How did this fake info get into the newsroom?
• Who confirmed it at the NTSB?
• Didn't the producer and anchor know that the real names of the pilots came out earlier in the week, and that announcing them now was old news?
• Why didn't anybody realize the names were fake before they went on the air with them?