Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Correction of the day

From: Wylie, Elizabeth
Subject: MVPD ERROR on Release
Date: January 22, 2009 5:00:19 PM PST
TO: [57 recipients listed including all of the major newsrooms in the Bay Area]

Please disregard the reference to someone being arrested for DUI in my press release. I admit, I assumed that was how it would turn out as I was drafting the release, but as it turns out, he was not intoxicated at all. I meant to remove that sentence.

Liz Wylie
Community Relations Manager/PIO
Mountain View Police Department

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder if the wrong information got on the air anywhere?

Anonymous said...

LOL!

Anonymous said...

wonder if mountain view police do their reports the same say ... "He seems to be drunk. Let's just put in our report that he's drunk even though we haven't seen any tests." ...